CareersBoundless Opportunities With Optic Marine
Wishing to explore new frontiers and to go further in your career? The opportunities at Optic Marine are boundless, enriching and always providing new experiences. Keep visiting this page for listing of job opportunities. Or email us at email@example.com and drop us your resume for future job prospects.
Internal Audit/Compliance Manager
As we continue to expand and continuously improve on our quality standards, Optic Marine seeks a highly-motivated candidate to set up and develop the Compliance team that cover Quality and Risk Management, ISO and Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
The candidate will independently set up and manage the Compliance team and provide strong and effective audit recommendations to the Head of Compliance/Board of Directors. The candidate will be able to research, study and plan audits in line with operational strategies, streamlining of processes and cost efficiency actions and deliver these results to support the Board of Director’s decision making processes. The role requires the monitoring and management of all compliance and corporate governance requirements.
Job functions and responsibilities
- Establishing risk-based audit plans and programs, coordinating all compliance programs within the Company.
- Execute and interpret audits results against defined audit objectives using risk-based audit methodology and tools.
- Improve operational efficiency, effectiveness through identifying opportunities in risk mitigation.
- Plan and execute the Enterprise risk management framework.
- Conduct trainings on the use and execution of internal audit methodology and tools and provide coaching for team members in performing audit works.
- Ensure the audit systems are effectively implemented in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, group and local policies and procedures.
- Through the audits, provide the senior management and Board/Audit Committee of the company with independent assurance that the risk management systems/framework, internal controls and governance processes are effectively in place.
- Plan and execute special reviews or investigations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or equivalent, Certified Internal Auditor.
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Governance and Bursa Malaysia listing requirements and auditing standards.
- Has at least 8 years’ experience in internal audit, risk management and fraud investigation.
- Analytical in nature, keen communicator and clear and concise reporting skills.
- Resourceful and independent worker, willing to travel when required.
- Experienced in auditing system control and has good grasp of Microsoft Excel.
- Professional and able to start up an Internal Audit Department as an independent contributor.
Our Finance Department provides both accounting, financial and administrative support and controls to various divisions in Optic Marine and seeks a suitably qualified, independent and resourceful Accounts Assistant.
Job functions and responsibilities
- Verify vendors invoices and staff claims with respective person in charge;
- Resolve purchase order, vendors invoice, or payment discrepancies with respective person in charge and vendors;
- Prepare payment to vendors by monitoring discount opportunities;
- Prepare payment to employees by monitoring cash advances;
- Disburse petty cash by verifying documentation;
- Handle periodic vendors’ reconciliation, proper filing and reporting of vendors’ statement on time;
- Handle full set account for some dormant companies;
- Any other job-related tasks assigned by superiors.
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting/Finance/LCCI/Taxation/ Business or other accounting related fields;
- Preferably with at least 3 years relevant working experience;
- The candidate should be able to travel when required and possess own transport;
- Fair in written & spoken English language. Ability to speak and read Mandarin is an added advantage;
- Good computer skills on MS Office and/or Accounting Software (UBS);
- Able to work independently and as a team member;
If you are looking for a company that offers a dynamic work environment with career development growth, we invite you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org