Who We AreAbout Optic Marine Group
Total and Integrated Solutions’ Provider
Optic Marine provides total and integrated solutions for subsea cable installation and maintenance projects. The services we provide range from project management and consultancy, permits acquisition, marine agency and logistics consultancy, cable transfers, cable landing, land plant and outside plant construction.
We are equipped with our own subsea cable installation vessel CS Ill de Re which is fully equipped with dynamic positioning, navigational and burial tools to meet the needs of each cable laying project. Our shore end cable lay barges and anchor handling tugs have been specifically engineered and designed to operate in shallow waters. We continue to prove our performance excellence through our exceptional track record with consistency, accuracy and cost-effective techniques perfected through years of experience in the submarine cable industry.
The Management Team
The Steer, The Engine and The Anchor
The team consists of fully experienced and dedicated personnel who have the right knowledge in the submarine cable industry. Even though Optic Marine has a proven track record of 30 years, the company still strives to continuously grow with the technological advancements of the industry to deliver the absolute best.
Datuk Lim Soon Foo
- Executive ChairmanWith over 30 years of experience, the founder of Optic Marine has worked alongside numerous global partners and has extensive networks within the industry. He was inducted into The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers in 1979 and currently serves as Chairman and the Principal Advisor of the management team.
Datin Janet Ng
– Executive Director
Datin Janet has overseen the support functions of OMS for more than 25 years and is currently the Finance and Administration Director. Forming part of the founding team, she provides advisory support for the administration, finance, logistics handling and permitting divisions. She forms part of the senior management team.
- Group Chief Executive OfficerRonnie has a background in law and commerce. He oversees and coordinates multiple projects to ensure seamless delivery. Ronnie has been involved in major subsea telecommunications projects in Russia, India, the Middle East and Asia Pacific for both management and operational capacities.
- Chief Executive Officer
Emmanuel has more than 23 years of experience in Submarine Telecommunications, with Alcatel Submarine Networks for more than 20 years from specialisations in Technical Engineering to being Head of APAC. Emmanuel spent the last two years as the CEO of Samoa Submarine Cable company. He brings extensive knowledge in submarine cable systems from design up to maintenance and great network development with the community, cable owners and the carriers in the Asia Pacific.
- Deputy Group Chief Executive OfficerRichard leads the Group Strategy team which covers corporate structuring, market analysis and business development, merger and acquisitions, and equity and debt issuance. Richard’s background is in law and finance. Prior to joining Optic Marine, he was an analyst with ANZ Bank on their mergers and acquisitions team in Melbourne. He was also a litigation lawyer with Herbert Smith Freehills in Sydney, Australia. He is admitted lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and holds a Double Bachelors in Law and Commerce.
- Managing Director
For over two decades, Anthony has hands-on experience in the telecommunication submarine cable industry within the Asian region. He oversees the subsea operations and ensures all projects that are implemented are cost effectively without compromising quality and deliverables.
– Group Legal CounselJoyce Lim heads the legal team which covers a wide variety of legal matters ranging from negotiation and execution of contracts, advising internal management on legal risks, keeping abreast of legislative changes and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing the companies dispute resolution processes. Prior to joining Optic Marine, she was a lawyer with Jackson Lallic in Sydney, Australia. She is an admitted lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and holds a Double Bachelors in Law and Commerce
– GM, Subsea Project Management and EngineeringDavid manages and oversees the execution of all our subsea engineering projects, principally in project management, resources coordination and the permissions division. He works closely with the subsea engineering and logistics team and is a Certified OCC Land Cable Jointer. He has over 15 years of experience as part of the subsea shore end cable installation team.
– Head of Subsea Engineering
Graduated with First-Class Honors Degree in mechanical engineering, Desmond has spearheaded in the engineering design and infrastructure sector of our cable lay barges since their commissioning. He also leads the subsea engineering division and shore end operations and bring with him over 15 years of experience in the industry.
– Head of FinanceA certified Chartered Accountant with a Bachelor of Science, Jeffrey manages finance and administration. He provides firm support services that contribute to effective project management and the operational functions within the team.
– Head of HR and Compliance
Sue-Ann heads the Human Capital division in managing HR systems, resource needs and CSR efforts. She is also a Certified Internal Auditor, Professional Member of the Inst. of Internal Auditors and oversees process improvements, Enterprise Risk Management and compliance to all industry based certifications. She manages Optic Marine’s Quality Management System and continuous improvement of our quality standards.
Committed to quality improvement
After years of perseverance in the industry, Optic Marine has continued to grow in areas of quality and continuous improvement. This had lead to being ISO 9001:2015 certified by the JAS-ANZ (Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand), a member of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF).
“It is our commitment to keep abreast and exercise quality improvement efforts while improving our management system. We emphasise on providing the most cost effective solution without compromising quality”
The vessels and equipment used, vessel, cable lay barge, burial tools and equipment, as well as cable jointing and testing equipment, are vigorously maintained according to ISO quality procedures. As part of our commitment to quality we strive to improve resources and ensure they meet international standards to enhance project results.
In an industry where mistakes are costly, the company goes beyond and works hard to ensure proper project planning and implementation are in place while taking into consideration all related environmental risks that may be present